iMEdD’s incubator hosts for profit and non-profit organizations as well as individuals and teams who wish to create an organization or implement a specific innovative project. It aims at embracing the ideas of participants and offering them all the necessary tools, know-how and support to bring their ideas to life. Our ultimate goal is for all teams to interact, building a very creative and innovative group of independent journalists and media professionals. Selected organizations are hosted for 9 months and projects for 3 months.
The incubator offers:
- strategic advice and mentoring from local and international experts
- networking opportunities with experts from Greece and abroad
- access to workshops and events organized by iMEdD
- fully equipped workspace and the necessary equipment to bring ideas to life
- consulting services for the organizations’ launch and operations
Selection Process & Criteria
All interested parties will apply online during open calls, once per year for the organizations and twice for the projects. Applications are open to university students and alumni in the journalism and media field as well as professionals. The first open call for both organizations and projects will be held 1-28 February, 2019.
The selection will be performed by an independent high profile selection committee consisted of academics and professionals who will evaluate candidates based on predefined criteria. The committee will interview the shortlisted candidates and will unanimously select the ones that will participate in the program.
George Avgeropoulos, Documentarist & Journalist
Anna-Kynthia Bousdoukou, Journalist & Managing Director, iMEdD
Tasos Telloglou, Journalist
Bertrand Pecquerie, Global Editors Network CEO
Elisa Simantke, Journalist, Investigate Europe
The selection will be based on quantitative and qualitative crireria related to both the individuals/teams and the idea. More specifically:
- Sustainability of the idea or the organization
- Growth plan and potential
- Innovative business model
Energy, passion and vision of the team