iMEdD in collaboration with the European Press Prize, is hosting a series of inspirational talks with laureates, revolving around their awarded story or project.
The audience will be able to find out “the story behind the story”, how the idea was conceived, the method, the challenges and dangers, the impact, all the way to the moment it was awarded. They will also hear about pest practices and be empowered to file their own stories for the European Press Prize, and ask questions.
Each session will also include a jury panel or preparatory committee member who will talk about the European Press Prize process, elements in a story of a project that make it stand out.
- The sessions will be held online
- The November sessions will be held in English
- A Q&A will follow right after each session
- Moderation: Dimitris Bounias, iMEdD ideas zone project Manager, Journalist
Following iMEdD’s recent joining of the European Press Prize as a member, this workshop marks the beginning of our common initiatives, designed to enforce our shared goal and values.
Thursday, November 4th, 7PM: DISTINGUISHED REPORTING AWARD
– For exceptional reporting, telling a story in the best possible way.
Speaker: Isobel Cockerell
Preparatory Committee member: Wafaa Albadry
Thursday, November 11th, 7PM: INNOVATION AWARD
– For challenging the current boundaries of journalism by finding new ways to engage with audiences.
Speakers: Clara Jiménez Cruz and David Fernández Sancho
Jury member: Juan Luis Sánchez
Thursday, November 18th, 7PM: INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING AWARD
– For discovering and revealing facts, exposing hidden news to the public.
Speaker: Roman Anin
Preparatory Committee member: Denis Džidić
Thursday, November 25th, 7PM: SPECIAL AWARD
– The judges award a special prize for excellent journalism to one striking entry which defies categories and disciplines.
Speaker: David Frenkel
European Press Prize Board member: Maggie O’Kane
Thursday, December 2nd, 7PM: Special Event
– The Greek Laureates
Speakers: Elina Makri, Iliana Papangeli, Stavros Malichoudis, Kostas Koukoumakas, Thanasis Troboukis, Ioannis Papadopoulos, Maria Louka
Preparatory Committee member: Lucila Rodríguez-Alarcón