We are launching the fourth, updated incubator cycle in October, inviting journalism professionals to submit their proposals to be supported in the creation of original stories for publication.
The call for applications will be open from October 10th to December 5th, with the following characteristics:
- It is aimed at professional journalists specializing in text, photography, video or radio/podcasts
- Applications can be submitted individually or as a team
- The eligible formats are: text, photojournalism, podcasts and short-form journalistic videos
- There will be a common theme for all applications
- Each application will have to be accompanied by a letter of intent from an editor-in-chief of a media outlet
Detailed information on the incubator applications, as well as the pre-selected theme, will be announced during iMEdD’s International Journalism Week (October 5th-9th) at the Athens Conservatoire and will be found on iMEdD.org along with the application form the day after.
After 3 calls and 21 projects from 38 creators, the incubator remains a key pillar of the organisation’s mission. It is being redesigned to focus on stories within defined frameworks in order to produce even stronger and more relevant journalistic projects.