The Democritus University of Thrace and the Sustainable Development Committee in collaboration with Europedirect East Macedonia – Thrace are organizing an online event on Friday 4 June, 19:00-21:00, entitled: “CLIMATE CHANGE in the post-COVID era”, in the context of the World Environment Day.
The Sustainable Development Committee of DUTH, composed of the Vice Rector of Finance, Planning and Development, Professor of the Department of Civil Engineering Mr. Fotio Maris, Professor and Chair of the Department of Social Policy Ms. Maria Pembetzoglou and Associate Professor of the Department of Environmental Engineering Mr. Yannis Nikolaou, will present the University’s Environmental Policy and its actions for the achievement of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Invited speakers at the event are distinguished scientists and academics with extremely rich research and writing work in the field of environmental policy and the green economy, who will present the policies to address the phenomenon of climate change in our country and comment on the prospects for achieving sustainable development in the post-covid era. The event will take place in the form of a round table and will be attended by:
- Andreas Papandreou, Professor of Environmental Economics, University of Athens, Greece
- Dimitrios Lalas, Honorary Professor of the National Academy of Sciences of the University of Athens and former Director of the National Observatory of Athens
- Spyridon Rapsomanikis, Professor of Air Pollution and Anti-Pollution Technology, DUTH
- Anastasios Xepapadeas, Professor of Economic Theory and Policy at the Athens University of Economics and Business
- Eftihios Sarzetakis, Professor of Environmental Economics, University of Macedonia
- Emmanuela Doussis, Professor at EKPA and UNESCO Chair in Climate Diplomacy
The debate will be moderated by Stratis Trilikis, iMEdD’s Programs Director, journalist.