We announce two internship positions at iMEdD as part of the new cycle of paid internships of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). Two young candidates will have the opportunity to work at the organization for 4 months and gain knowledge and experience in the following roles:
– Journalism / 1 position
iMEdD’s journalists create the organization’s own journalistic content in various formats (text, graphs and visual stories, podcast, video, and photojournalism), including data-driven stories and relevant methodologies, datasets, and toolkits. Our stories are created following best practices on storytelling, investigation, data reporting, fact-checking, and production; they address journalists, who are the organization’s core community, but also the public. Our journalists work in teams or individually to suggest and implement impactful journalistic content that is published through our own media channels and shared with news organizations in Greece and around the world.
Ideal participants will be senior journalism students or graduates of journalism studies or professional journalists with fundamental knowledge of creating journalistic content, are familiar with journalistic production, and are up to date with fresh formats and tools, including techniques for data handling and data journalism purposes. Good written and oral language skills in English and in Greek are desirable.
– Finance Department / 1 position
iMEdD’s Finance Department oversees the daily monitoring of the financial transactions carried out by each of the five Pillars (Incubator, Ideas Zone, Lab, Out of The Box, Inside the Box) and the relevant operating expenses.
Good written and oral language skills in English are desirable.
What you need to know
- The Stavros Niarchos Foundation’s (SNF) call for internships for the Fall-Winter period 2023-2024 is open for a total of 51 positions.
- Applicants should submit their application online by completing the special application form by August 2, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. EST.
- If you have previously applied and were not selected, you may reapply.
- You may apply for up to 3 internships (out of 53 offered) in order of preference.
- All travel and accommodation costs and any required work permit or visa are the responsibility of the trainee.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by September 1, 2023.
A few words about the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Internship Programme:
As active citizens of the world, young people have the power to catalyze positive social change and guide society along a path of sustainable progress.
Many Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) grants focus on empowering young people—of all interests and backgrounds—and amplifying their voices.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) Internship Program invites young people to apply for a four-month internship in Athens twice per year, from April to July and from October to February.
Choose the position that best suits your personality, interests, and future plans! Apply now!